Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

While we were in California I celebrated my birthday. Clara learned my favorite color was green and decided I had to have a cake with green icing and green sprinkles. Her mother decided they could make the inside pink and make it look like a watermelon. Both Clara and Jonathan liked the idea.

So when Clara came home from school that day I was told to stay out of the kitchen and Clara, Jonathan and their mother got busy mixing and fixing.


Clara also deciced they needed to have "seeds" in the cake, so she said they could use chocolate chips. Unfortunately the chocolate chips all fell to the botom of the cake and you couldn't really see them very well, but it was a great idea.

Clara was very proud of the outcome and couldn't wait to show it to me. I thought is was a very cute idea and I'm sure they did better making and decorating the cake than I would have done.

It actually did resemble a watermelon, and the inside was pink, like a watermelon, so it all came together just as it should have.

Clara put the candles on the cake--each person got to pick their favorite color. I'm glad we didn't have to put a candle on the cake for each year--we may have started a fire.

Here I am with my cake.

We lit the candles. Even Matthew got to come to the party.


Here is Matthew and me and my cake with the candles lit.



I had plenty help blowing out the candles.

No comments: