Monday, May 5, 2008

For My Parents

May 14th would have been my mother's 93rd birthday and May 21st is my father's 94th birthday. My mother passed away several years ago, but my father lives in St. Joseph in the Pines Assisted Living Facility in Southern Pines, North Carolina. He is very hard of hearing, but otherwise does fairly well for someone his age. He still does everything for himself, and while he may forget some things, at 94 he is entitled to. My parents had three children, there are five grandchildren, and nine great grandchildren. My mother was not fortunate enough to know any of her great grandchildren, but I know she would have loved each one of them in the way only she could that made everyone feel they were the most special. My mother would also be so touched that Clara and Jonathan have the names they do. My mother's parents were John and Clara, and while I know my granddaughter Clara is not named after my grandmother and Jonathan is actually named after both of HIS grandfathers, my mother would be so pleased. I am glad my father has been able to meet and hold Clara and Jonathan. My father is also very special and while he may not be very extroverted he was and is a good father. At the end of this blog is a slide show of pictures of my parents at various ages--more of my father than my mother. The pictures also include their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I know my mother would be so proud of her family, and I know my father is always happy to see any of us when we visit. My husband and I will be going to see my father in a couple weeks to wish him Happy Birthday in person. In the mean time this is for my parents. Happy birthday Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

The Stein Family said...

I like the new look and all the extras - Clara was watching the slide show with me and when she saw Grandpa she said, "that's my great grandpa Francis!!!!!!" Very cool blog!