Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Zoo

We went to the Zoo on Wednesday. Jonathan and Clara had to measure to see how big they are compared to the gorilla






These are Tapirs. It was really hot this day and hte animals were not overly active.


This is me walking away from the Giraffe after I had just fed him



Here I am feeding the giraffe





I have no idea what these things were but they sure did have long tails




Jonathan, Clara and Me

Teagan and me

Teagan and me


The elephants kept throwing dirt on themselves


And one even made a pile of dirt and weeds and threw it in the little water pond they had. I guess he was making mud to throw??




Look at that beautiful smile

This bird, I think it was some sort of hawk, had been injured many years ago. It has only one wing. The zoo keeps it and while they bring it out to show they are very careful about letting people touch it.




I think this was the tiger.



Not sure what this is.


This camel was just too tired and too hot



Prairie dogs



Giant tortoise






No comments: