Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Still More of Our Vacation

This is more of the "art" at the Crab Shanty Restaurant.

Restaurant's are frequently written about in the Baltimore Sun. They should be--the food is fabulous.







This is my cousin, Jane Alloway, and me.
And this is my cousin, Winnie Shoul and her husband Tom.
This is Jane Alloway again.




I had lunch with my best friend, Beverly Furrow, at Romano's Restaurant. The crab cakes here were as big as the plates!






The day we left we went to Annapolis. Before I got married I worked in Annapolis in the Comptroller's Office. There was another girl in the office whose name was Patsy, and we used to go to Main Street for lunch almost every day. . .







This is the restaurant we always went to--Chick & Ruth's Deli. Back then Chick and Ruth actually worked there. They have since passed away, but the deli still is there, and the food is just as good as ever. They have tons of sandwiches, and they name them after local politicians . .



This is the inside of Chick & Ruth's. It looks just the same now as it did back in the 70's. The pictures are of various politicians who have eaten there, most of which are local state politicians. The State House is in Annapolis, so many of the state senate and house members eat here. There is even a picture of John McCain when he was at the Naval Academy. It may be true that you can never go home again, but it is so nice to know that once in a while you can find something at home that hasn't changed.

3 comments:

The Stein Family said...

Looks like you had fun -- though I think you have a post MIA -- Where's the 1st Vacation post? Glad to see that your blog has encouraged you to allow you picture to be taken...and you even posed for a few :)

Grandma Yonka said...

You;re just too quick. I didn't think anyone would look at it yet, so I started from the end--sort of--and am working backwards. By tomorrow night I should have it all done.

The Stein Family said...

Please...my blog shows me when updates are made...so I check it out when there's new stuff. Looking forward to the rest.